"Do you consider yourself a feminist?"
“I don’t really think about things as guys versus girls. I never have. I was raised by parents who brought me up to think if you work as hard as guys, you can go far in life.”
- Taylor Swift 2012
"As a teenager, I didn’t understand that saying you’re a feminist is just saying that you hope women and men will have equal rights and equal opportunities. What it seemed to me, the way it was phrased in culture, society, was that you hate men. And now, I think a lot of girls have had a feminist awakening because they understand what the word means."
- Taylor Swift 2014
written by Growth (via mjwatson)
it’s a Seahaven kind of day
Anonymous said: What's so bad about periods
- Blood comes out of your vagina for anywhere from 3-7 days
- That blood you lose can be around 4 tablespoons to a cup
- a cup of blood, vaginal mucus, and endometrial tissue
- You get cramps that will make you cry. You can vomit and/or pass out from them
- You will get horrible mood swings
- You get headaches
- Your breasts hurt so bad sometimes you can’t even touch them
- You get acne everywhere
- Your actual vagina could be sore
- Your feel constantly tired
- You have a constant fear of soaking through your pad/tampon
- You can’t lay a certain way in bed
- You take pill after pill and it still doesn’t help
- You bloat and gain weight
- You might have anemia (iron deficiency) which can not clot your blood causing so much blood loss it’ll be deadly
- You never feel full
- Everything irritates you
- You will cry a lot
- Once you get up in the morning, your center of gravity has shifted and all the blood settling in you during the night will now rush out of you causing you to clench your legs tightly to avoid leaking
- You get made fun of for having a period ?////?/?/
- You’re forced to go to school/work
- You get told that you’re overreacting
but ya know, fixing your dick discreetly in public is bad too
Carry On My Wayward Son (lullaby Version)
Why can I so easily picture this playing in the spn series finale as the camera takes one last look moving over the dead bodies of all our favorite characters, stopping on the rusting frame of the impala and then slowly fading to black?
That comment, the music and that picture? I think my heart just Raphael’d into a million pieces of itty bitty pain.
I can see it. Just imagine the whole last episode was the worst thing you’ve ever seen- not in a “oh my god this is shit” but in the “WHY FUCK” kind’ve way. And in the last ten minutes, something good happens. Really good happens. And Dean smiles, like GENUINELY SMILES before the massacre happens. They’re all just laying on the ground, dead, blank eyed, Sam reaching out for Dean still, Cas had been obviously desperate to get to them both before being viciously killed.
And thenthe screen fades to black, you think the episode is over but this music starts. And you suddenly see Sam walking into a building, talking to a women at a counter and then being lead down a white hallway into a pretty simple blank room.
The camera pans to Dean, who is sitting by a window, just staring blankly. He’s dressed in scrubs.
As it progresses, you find out that Dean is mentally insane. Ever since his mother died from an home invasion, something just wasn’t right. He was obsessed with death and screamed about evil and when he fatally wounded their father after an fit, Sam got him help- after the judge marked him for insane.
So all the episodes. All the events.
Dean made up in his head to rationalize as to how people could be so cruel. Because they’re monsters. And Castiel is his favorite nurse at the asylum, he always brings Dean an extra piece of pie and makes quirky jokes that Dean never understands but he knows that nurse cares.
And all the other angels are doctors or nurses and Lucifer is his doctor, the one who gives him the medicine that makes him feel weird and makes him feeling unsafe.
It was all just in Dean’s head.
And purgatory is rehabilitation.